I’ve had a rough week, and it’s left me harboring some negative feelings. So this is a therapeutic list of only positives.
- Tangerines and grapefruits are coming into season and are dirt cheap at the market. Avocados are still massive and delicious and cost ~10 cents each.
- We have basically raised our entire Camp Sky budget! And I know that many of my friends and family contributed to that.
- Camp Sky is next week and is going to be awesome!
- A girl in my computer class achieved the top score on exams with a 92
- Brian and Deniss knocked on my door to offer help marking my English exams. We worked together in the library, listening to music and laughing
- One of my little freshman babies has shown incredible integrity in the library and even called me out when I broke a rule
- Fransisco spent an afternoon taking apart my electric tea kettle and somehow rigged it back to life
- There have been some seriously cool, non-threatening bugs around my house. (will post picture)
- All of the “maprizey” tomatoes, onions, lemons, chips, etc. from my friends at the market. And the shop keeper who said he was “proud of me” when I bought eggs.
- There was a sad story about a teenager who delivered a baby in secret and then threw it down a pit latrine, and the police did nothing. But a local rescue effort was made, and as the men stood around trying to decide who would jump in the shit (literally) my form 2 student Msquared (the one in my videos) volunteered and has become the village hero. Of course, he was modest and somewhat embarrassed when I asked him about it the next day.
- Taught a few of my boys how to do a proper push-up and made my students laugh.
- I get to hang out with my peace corps friends next week, and then we’re going to reward all of our hard work at Sky by partying at the lake
- I’m enjoying reading The Lord of The Rings. Gandalf was in my dream last night.
- Our Peace Corps nurse texted us to come get flu shots because “winter is coming.”
- I’ve exercised every day this week and feel great (That’s a good reminder to get my ass up from the computer…)
* And then sometimes you’re in the middle of your workout when your best friend knocks on the door with a cold bottle of wine in hand and you have to say F your plans and just enjoy shooting the shit with good company.